Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NavCademy
    Participant

Hi,

this year I was participating at the Bosnia Rally 2024. I took the chance to use an eRoadbook and it turnen out to be a big fun. My setup is the following one:

• Carpe Iter Pad – Modell: CI_pad_v4
    • Android-Version: 11
    • DMD Remote 1
    • DMD2 – Version: 3.00078

As you propablly can imagin it was quite dusty at this part of the year. So every now and then I head to remove the dust from the display of the Carpe Pad by Swipping with my gloved hand over the screen. Eventhough the DMD2 was locked – at least I thought it would be – it was possible to pane the roadbook around. Even more worst, I also could bring the three system Buttons (triangle, circle and rectangle) to top. Which leeds to the situation that I accidently closed switched to another app.

As far as I can rember with former versions of DMD the screen was fully locked. For further rally usage I would appreciate of the screen lock function would lock the screen fully.

Just in case I was Not able to describe the situation in such a way that it is fully understandable I will capture the screen of my Carpe Pad und load up the video Clip.

Thx and best regards

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by NavCademy.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by NavCademy.
    Roland
    Participant

+1

That was a big problem. Cleaning the display of dust while driving with a “locked” roadbook screen is a challenge. The DMD2 lock button was supposed to lock the DMD2 user interface and the operating system at the same time. Only then it’s possible to wipe off the dust without inadvertently interacting with the operating system and being forced to stop and fix the problem.

BR
    Roland

Supergid
    Participant

+1 here (also got that problem at Bosnia Rally 2024)

NavCademy
    Participant

Since the last Update (3.00113) this issue seems to be solved – thx.

Now it’s possible to choose which parts of the screen has to be locked:

• the whole screen
    • including the instrument area
    • as well the top menu area
    • screen lock will be activated/deactivated automatically by pressing run/pause button

Thx for implementing this feature, which makes DMD even more “Rally Ready”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.