Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ray_ADV
    Participant

Request: DMD T865 on a KTM 890 Adventure

Curious about the setup, also the mounting on th e890 Adv.

Laskywalk
    Participant

Which MJ? I use on the 23 model the holder provided by KTM. You can tild it easely to lock and unlock the table and it is specified up to 500 g (DMD T865 is in total around 530 g).

Offroad is also no problem. I suppose that the holder is made from some kind of fibre composit.

Ray_ADV
    Participant

Hi, MY 2023 – I have a T665 now which works great, but consider a T865 cause the better readability of a large screen.

Laskywalk
    Participant

Fits well with the KTM holder. I just 3D-printed a small distance piece, which adds additionaly 1 cm to the mounting plate. Like this, you can tild it higher when standing on the pegs.

But you don´t have to print it. Simply take a piece of plastic, cut it to size and drill 4 holes.

Ray_ADV
    Participant

OK thanks for the information, I understand the need for the 3D printers spacer indeed. Actually I replaced my navigation mount from the original one to the one from Thorkracing so I can also use the lock on the T665 which wasn’t possible with the KTM mount.

Any chance to post some pictures of your setup here? I’m actually curious about the size of the T865 compared to the rest of the dashboard and windscreen. Thanks in advance…

Laskywalk
    Participant

I can do this, but it will take some days, as I am not at home right now.

Ray_ADV
    Participant

No hustle…. in the meantime I will try to make some pics about the current setup with the T665

Ray_ADV
    Participant

As promised; the T665 setup with Thorkracing AMP mount on a ’23 KTM 890 Adventure

Ray_ADV
    Participant

Ray_ADV
    Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.