Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy D
    Participant

Hi,

The T865 seems to be exactly what I am looking for, but I have a few questions before I click buy.

1. Other devices with capacitive touchscreens struggle in the rain as they interpret raindrops as finger presses. Does the T865 cope with rain without erratic behaviour?

2. Is it possible to use the T865 as the only dashboard? I would like to have Google maps or Calimoto for navigation with speed, tacho, and warning/indicator lights all visible at the same time. Spotify controls as well would be perfect. I have tried the app on my phone and haven’t worked out how to do this.

Thanks,

Andy

raschaa
    Participant

Hey,

1. DMD2 has the posssibility to lock the screen so it can only be operated via handlebar controller. That way rain makes no difference but does require a controller (which actually makes the most sense anyway…)

2. DMD2 can show data from the OBD interface with a bluetooth OBD dongle. Which data can be retrieved depends on the motorcycle and from which year it is. I have tach, coolant temp, air intake temp, and a few others on my 701. DMD2 (atm) cannot show warning or indicator lights…

Andy D
    Participant

Hi,

Warning lights are not a deal breaker, I can easily mount some LEDs.

Can the device display a third party navigation app (Google Maps or Calimoto) and road speed and tacho, all at the same time?

Thor
    Participant

No, it can only show the obd info when using dmd.

Thor
    - At jeg skal rygge? Skakkeryggejeg!

raschaa
    Participant

Hi, Warning lights are not a deal breaker, I can easily mount some LEDs. Can the device display a third party navigation app (Google Maps or Calimoto) and road speed and tacho, all at the same time?

Why a 3rd party nav app when DMD2 has excellent navigation with offline maps integrated?

Andy D
    Participant

If I just need to get somewhere quickly, Google Maps. It’s familiar, I use it every day at work and it has live traffic.

If I’m road riding for pleasure, Calimoto. It finds the most amazing biking routes. If you haven’t tried Calimoto you should.

Andrew
    Participant

Good one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.