Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michal Ru
    Participant

Is it already possible to connect the Remote 1 to a DMD-T665 via RX/TX connection?
    Is the connection possible via the 12V voltage converter supplied with the DMD-T665?
    In other words, can I wire the green (TX) of the Remote 1 to the purple (RX) of the 12V voltage converter and the yellow (RX) of the Remote 1 to the blue (TX) of the voltage converter and get a functioning RX/TX connection between the Remote 1 and the DMD-T665 via the voltage converter?
    Is RX/TX from the voltage converter 12V to 5V IN routed through to the DMD-T665?
    Is there already a pre-configured splitter that can be connected in the line between the voltage converter and the DMD-T665 or can the Remote 1 actually only be supplied with voltage from the motorbike and must be paired via Bluetooth?

Kind regards

Michael

Thor
    Participant

Yes you can connect as you stated with tx/rx.
    please see dmd support here:

https://www.drivemodedashboard.com/support/dmd-t665-support/

if you purchase a new harness for the t-665 with 12VDC to 5VDC conversion it will come with connectors for power and rx/tx for both phone and remote. Plug and play.

Thor
    - At jeg skal rygge? Skakkeryggejeg!

Michal Ru
    Participant

Is there actually already a voltage converter that makes it possible to connect the DMD-T665 to a Remote 1 via cable, ensuring both the power supply and the signal transmission? Or is there a pre-configured split cable that would enable this function, similar to the splitter for the T865? As an end customer, it is a bit annoying for me that there is a splitter for the DMD-T865, but for the DMd-T665 the data line wires have to be soldered by hand. Is an end customer-friendly solution on the horizon?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

The T665 can only use the splitter for the Remote 2.
    T665 and Remote 1 or Remote 3 requires wiring before the power supply.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.