Viewing 10 posts - 901 through 910 (of 932 total)
  • Author
    Monte
    Participant

Helo Everybody, I have a question on GPX file, There is the possibilities to use the Icon of the direction (Turn Left Turn Right) in GPX in order to differntiate the different Waypoint? Actually Waypoint are all show as a green baloon. For long trip will be usefull use the direction Icon to identificate the different change of direction. Will be usefull to have a list of alle the usable icon. Thanks Christian

Yes.  When planning off-road route I often use a waypoint icon with turn direction arrow and place then at intersections with roads and trails. It is quite useful to be able to see the waypoint on the screen and know to begin looking for a turn in advance. We often ride quite fast and blow by turns if not paying attention.  I will often place the waypoint with arrow icon about 1/4-1/2 mile before a turn. This gives me time to slow down start looking. Also, this allows the group to plan stops at significant changes in direction.  I don’t expect dmd to place these waypoints automatically but it would be very good to have arrow icons in the waypoint library for this purpose.  If interested, see the waypoint icons available in GaiaGPS.

This would be a very useful addition and very simple add.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Monte.
    Monte
    Participant

5000 mile trip coming up in the 14th. Mostly off road. Looking forward to trying it out!

DMD2 3.00080 released: – GPX Manager – now supports GPX files with ROUTES. – GPX Manager – Removed Advanced button and replaced it with “invert direction” switch – GPX Manager – Preserves last selection position going forward and back in the menus – GPX Manager – Removed all options to convert Track to calculated route -> Finally!!! Bye bye! – Map Themes – Made some small islands name show only on lower zoom levels and made some places like “neighbourhood” and “hamlet” show at higher zoom levels – Moved from Location Manager provider to Fused Location Provider – Falls back to Location Manager when Fused not available – Fixed a case where voice would trigger for “Wrong direction” and “Away from track” even when it was disabled – Map View – When you hide the right side widgets, if you have active track instructions they will take its space – Navigation and GPX Progress – fixed a case where they could freeze – Added extra controller key debounce check to check and prevent stuck keys – Many other small fixed and improvements, this was a big update, will keep it under the radar to do immediate patches in cases anyone finds any issue! Sorry for my recent absence, two weeks being hammered by COVID.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Helo Everybody, I have a question on GPX file, There is the possibilities to use the Icon of the direction (Turn Left Turn Right) in GPX in order to differntiate the different Waypoint? Actually Waypoint are all show as a green baloon. For long trip will be usefull use the direction Icon to identificate the different change of direction. Will be usefull to have a list of alle the usable icon. Thanks Christian

Yes. When planning off-road route I often use a waypoint icon with turn direction arrow and place then at intersections with roads and trails. It is quite useful to be able to see the waypoint on the screen and know to begin looking for a turn in advance. We often ride quite fast and blow by turns if not paying attention. I will often place the waypoint with arrow icon about 1/4-1/2 mile before a turn. This gives me time to slow down start looking. Also, this allows the group to plan stops at significant changes in direction. I don’t expect dmd to place these waypoints automatically but it would be very good to have arrow icons in the waypoint library for this purpose. If interested, see the waypoint icons available in GaiaGPS. This would be a very useful addition and very simple add.

Its a good idea. I will add more icons in the My Places thing.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 3.00084 released:
    – Roadbook Edit Instrument values now take in consideration the measurement correction factor
    – Roadbook Measurement Correction Factor dialog now includes a reset button to go back to x1 (no correction)
    – Roadbook Instrument 3 – Fixed a case of double value overlay (usually a sticky “0”)
    – Roadbook now supports files with password – User will be asked to insert password
    – GPX Recorder on save now shows a file generation progress dialog, a lot of users complaining about lost GPX recordings were because while the GPX file was being generated in the background they closed the app, now you can see the progress and wait for it to finish
    – Added Hide Keyboard to missing dialogs: Recorder / Coordinates Insert / Places / My Locations

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 3.00085 released:
    – Routes with more than 250 Route Points will be treated as Tracks -> More than 250 Route Points is just evil, dont be evil!
    – GPX Routes icons (route instructions and route points) now respect GPX Waypoint size setting
    – You can now convert a GPX Route to a full independent GPX File with the Route converted to GPX Track -> Useful if you want to share it or load it as a track.
    – Increased waypoint symbol compatibility to match our in-development web planner

Buy Me a Coffee

legli
    Participant

Hi Joao,

It’me again! Here is a crazy idea why don’t the users (us) create an online petition destined to Google and the play store to ask them to allow your software to record in the background? How would you feel about that? I’m willing to do the work and set up this Online petition and try to get DMD2Users on board.

What do you think?

Cheers

Laurent

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 3.000875:
    – Fixed an issue with Roadbook Instrument edit
    – Fixed an issue where on Route to Track conversion in case of empty route there could be a crash showing the TOAST error
    – App Update Checks and self update now include all installs made using the APK
    – Fixed a case where the street name UI box was not being shown
    – Small adjustment to default Auto Zoom levels
    – Changed the Traffic Lights map icon
    – GPX Recorder improved state resume
    – Improved Location Service state check

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 3.00088:
    – When a GPX Track and a GPX Route overlap the progress box gives priority to Route -> If you want to see the Track progress just use the GPX Manager to hide the Route
    – Improvements to the Map Downloader
    – When using the new Beta Web Planner the Route profile is store as extension in the GPX so that DMD2 will load the file with the same profile as default -> Can be changed by the user at any moment and it recalculates
    – Other small improvements

Buy Me a Coffee

Malik
    Participant

As a freedom-loving person, it would be nice if I could use Bitcoin to support the development of the app.

Jörg
    Participant

Does DMD2 version 3.00096 have a location problem (no fix)?

Other apps have a location on my Ci-Pad, only DMD2 does not or only randomly after 10 x restarts (or not).

There were no problems with the previous version.

App cache cleared, GPSTune3 also shows location data.

Jörg from Berlin

With the new version 3.00098 it works again.
    Thank you very much.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Jörg.
Viewing 10 posts - 901 through 910 (of 932 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.